Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Plug Your Holes!

The past couple of weeks I feel like I've been reading and writing more about EVE than I've actually spent playing it. I've also been busy in the Personnel Department of EVE University. So, this weekend I decided to get some good playtime in on my Uni character.

I logged in and, like usual, immediately checked the mapper. Our mapper is used to track our connections and it also gives me an idea of who is where and what ship they're flying. At a glance, I can tell if we have people out scouting down the chain or if there are people running sites in our static. As it turned out, people had just started running sites.

I grabbed my trusty Myrmidon and joined them. As a fairly new player, I'm fairly used to getting smashed by the Sleepers when they turn their gaze towards me. For those who don't know, Sleepers will auto aggress as you warp in to the site and they will randomly switch targets until they're dead. This is in contrast to the "tank and spank" method that appears in other MMOs.

So here I was, minding my own business, my drones happily off chasing Sleepers when suddenly I started hearing the audio queues of an aggro switch and suddenly I was yellow boxed and then red boxed, a steady stream of damage incoming. There also happened to be a battleship up on grid, as we were on one of the last waves, and it was rocking me pretty hard.

After we finished running the sites, a few of us started looking over my fit. One person, who was flying logi, asked about my resistances. As it turned out, my explosive resistance was lower than all of the rest. Whoops! I had always been wondering why I seemed to get hit hard by the Sleepers, and it turns out that a hole in my resistances was to blame. So for all the future site runners out there, be sure to plug your holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment